Get Vietnam visa for South African Citizens
All South African Passport holders need a valid visa to visit Vietnam.
They have two way to obtain a Vietnam visa.
1. Apply for Visa at Vietnam Embassy in South Africa
This is the traditional way to obtain a visa for Vietnam. With this option, travelers will need to visit the Vietnam Embassy in their place to submit visa application documents.
- Issuing authority: Vietnam Embassy
- Processing time: 3-5 working days
- Required documents: Hard copy of application form, original passport, 2 passport-sized photos, etc. as requried by the embassy
- How to submit: Travel to the embassy or send via post
- Where to get full visa: Vietnam Embassy
There is one office of Vietnam Embassy in Pretoria, South Africa. But is it easy for you to reach the embassy? Do you want to spend time traveling to the embassy and queuing there? Do you want to avoid loss of passport on its way to the embassy via post? If so, getting Vietnam visa on arrival presented on the right is perhaps the best choice.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa on Arrival
This is an alternative way for Vietnam visa application. Despite being born later, obtaining a Vietnam visa on arrival provides travelers with much more simplicity and convenience. It users neither need to travel across a long distance to the embassy nor need to send their passport via post with a fear of its loss on the way.
- Issuing authority: Vietnam Immigration Department
- Processing time: 1-2 working days
- Required documents: Online application form only
- How to submit: Submit online application form via a travel agent
- Where to get full visa: Vietnam International airport
With its such simplicity and convenience, visa on arrival is absolutely a great choice for many South African passport holders to Vietnam. But, please keep in mind that this kind of Vietnam visa is applicable to those traveling by AIR only.