Vietnam visa in Cape Town, South Africa. Are you looking for such issue? Do you want to know whether you need a visa to Vietnam or not and how to obtain a visa from this place. Let’s read through this post which will give you the answers.
Vietnam Visa Requirement in Cape Town
Please keep in mind that visa requirement has nothing related to your place, but your nationality. when you are in Cape Town, we can assume two cases as follows:
1. If you are South African passport holder in Cape Town or in any place, you will be exempted from Vietnam visa if you
- Directly travel to Phu Quoc Island from a foreign country or territory outside Vietnam;
- Stay there for no more than 30 days, and then leave it for a foreign country or territory outside Vietnam;
- Have passport valid for at least 6 months since your arrival date.
Otherwise, you will need a visa to Vietnam whether you travel from Cape Town or any place.
2. In case you are citizen of other country but resident of Cape Town, please check whether you need the visa by accessing to https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption/. If your nationality is listed in this link, a visa is not required. Otherwise, you will need a visa to Vietnam.
So, in case the visa is not required, you can ignore the following section. But in case you need one, you may wonder how to obtain it there. Then, read the following option to find the answer.
How to get Vietnam visa in Cape Town?
Getting Vietnam visa in Cape Town is said so easy today thanks to two ways to do so, namely:
- Getting visa via the Vietnam embassy; or
- Getting visa on arrival.
Following are major differences between these two ways:
Visa on arrival
Vietnam Immigration Department
2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)
4 – 5 working days
From US$21 (excluding stamp fee)
Varied by case
Postal cost, driving, parking fees
Now, let’s see in details how each of them works to figure out which is the best for you.
For Visa at Vietnam Embassy:
If you select this option to obtain the visa, you may encounter a great inconvenience that there is no office of Vietnam Embassy in Cape Town, but only one in Pretoria, around 1308 km from this city. They may accept submissions in person or by post. So, if it is inconvenient to reach the embassy in person, you should contact the embassy in advance for exact information.
If they accept submissions via post, then follow the steps below:
- Download the application form on website of the embassy you are planned to apply for visa with, fill it out and attached it with a photo;
- Prepare documents for application, including: application form, original passport, photos and visa fee, an envelop with unused stamp and others as required by the embassy;
- Send all the documents and visa fee to the embassy address by post;
- Wait and receive the envelop back with your original passport and visa stamp;
When sending your important paper, including your original passport and visa fee to the embassy, please select the reliable carrier to ensure such paper shall not be lost on their way to reach the embassy and vice versa.
For Visa on Arrival
This way is said to solve the inconveniences of the former way – risk of losing passport on the way forth and back from the embassy by post; various documents to be submitted for visa application. Its application is made completely online without submitting any documents. Accordingly, it is said very convenient for those in Cape Town who are far from the embassy of Vietnam.
Here is the process to get Vietnam visa on arrival in Cape Town:
- Access to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html, and complete the form here (no document is required);
- Review to make sure all information is correct, and then make payment of service fee online;
- Wait for maximum 2 working days or even 2 working hours in urgent cases (for tourist visa) to get visa approval letter delivered to email;
- Get visa stamped upon original passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport (a few minutes at the airport).
But one big disadvantage of visa on arrival is that it is available for those traveling to Vietnam by air only. The former way remains your single choice in case you travel to Vietnam by bus, train or ship.
After reading this post, can you well define your case? Do you need a visa to Vietnam and what is the best way for you to get a convenient and cheap Vietnam visa from Cape Town?