Vietnam E visa or known as for Vietnam Electronic visa (Evisa VN) is an updated and convenient way to obtain a Vietnam visa. Instead of travelling to Vietnam Embassy or Vietnam Consulate as a traditional way, you can consider this type of Visa.
Unit of issuing Evisa VN
Some people still cast doubt about the legitimacy of Vietnam E- visa because it is legally issued by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system which has been officially launched since February 1, 2017.
This type of visa is applicable for people:
- Outside Vietnam foreigners wanting to live in Vietnam for maximum of 30 days, as single entry visa by all transports
- Holding a valid passport
- Don’t fall into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
- Citizens of 46 following countries are listed: Australian, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Belarus, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China (Not for Chinese e-passport holders), Colombia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea (South), Luxembourg, Myanmar, Mongolia, Netherland, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, East Timor, Uruguay, United States of America, Venezuela.
Purpose of visit: Only for vacation, single entry
How to apply Vietnam E visa
Step 1: Go online to the link https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt. Fulfill the required information and attach it with photo and your passport page.
Step 2: Pay for Evisa VN fee
Step 3: Enter registration code, registration mail and date of birth to check the application progress. If being approved for E-visa, please print E-visa to enter/exit Vietnam
Processing time: at least 3 working days to know whether your application form is approved or not
Visa fee: US$25, non-refundable in case your visa application is refused
While Vietnam visa on arrival has 5 entry gates which are 5 international airports in Vietnam, visitors with Vietnam E-visa are free to choose from any of Vietnam’s 8 international airports, including Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai in Hanoi and Da Nang in the central region. They can also arrive via land at 13 international border gates, and via sea at 7 ports across the country.
Advantages of Vietnam E-visa
- Vietnam e-visa or Evisa VN system is implemented online from electronic devices so the database can be simplified and streamlined for the government and immigration officials.
- Vietnam e-visa system is convenient, flexible, cost-effective than current other types of visa which makes all steps are easy and simple. The customers don’t have to pay any extra fee on arrival needed (stamping fee) and also don’t need to wait in line for get visa stamped when arriving at the airports.
Disadvantages of Vietnam E-visa
- You only know whether your application form is approved or not in just 3 working days or more of processing, which can affect your departure;
- Visa fees will not be refunded even if application form is declined;
- Visa extension can’t be accepted.
This kind of visa is brand new because it was officially released in the early 2017 so that maybe some certain airlines and immigration staffs have not known about it. So make sure you check with the airlines in advance to avoid this. For further details, you can check comparison between Evisa VN and Vietnam at: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/compare-vietnam-visa-on-arrival-and-vietnam-e-visa/
Hopefully this post can help you unveil the confusing term Vietnam E-Visa or Evisa VN. If you face any difficulty in applying Vietnam visa, feel free to contact us at https://www.Vietnam-visa.com.